Town of Texas Lions Club

Est.  March 10, 1959    Wausau, WI



Founded in 1917, the association's motto is "We Serve." Lions have served the world's population through hard work and commitment to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere. With 1.35 million members serving in more than 45,000 clubs in over 197 countries and geographical areas, Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization.

Lions clubs are recognized for their service to the blind and visually impaired. This service began when Helen Keller challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness" during the 1925 Lions Clubs International Convention.

In addition to our assistance to the blind, the Town of Texas Lions Club is involved in a variety of other activities to improve our community and help people in need, such as our eye screening program, assisting the hearing impaired, working with diabetes awareness, educational programs and community projects. Our ongoing service projects include: vision screening for pre-school children, eyeglass recycling, transportation of donated eye tissue, annual post-prom party for local high schools, quarterly bingo at Colonial Manor and road-side trash pick-up.

We also provide financial assistance to many state and local organizations including: Wisconsin Lions Camp, Salvation Army, The Neighbors' Place, The Women's Community, Wausau Little League, Lifeline, Rainbow Ends, Stable Hands and many more. To fund these projects, we hold two major fund raisers each year; our Pancake Feed in February and our food stand at the Marathon County Fair. We also supply Lions Mint displays around the Wausau metro area and sell coloring books.

The Town of Texas Lions Club was chartered on March 10, 1959 with 21 members and presently has 36 members. Club meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at Brokaw Corners, T7550 County Rd W, Brokaw, WI.

Visit us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook:




Sitemap

Web site hosted by IPOWER!